It’s hard to believe that gaining wonderful things like love, positivity, and more joy into our lives is possible, especially in a time like 2021. The pandemic keeps fluctuating, and it feels like the end is far from sight. Many of us are still reeling from the financial consequences of the global health crisis, and we have had to contend with so many losses—from people to sources of income and other valuable things in our lives.
But if gaining more love and good energy into your life is on your bucket list for 2021, don’t fall into the trap of defeat. Here are some steps you can take to ensure you get more of both.
Embrace your inherent value now
Regardless of what you have and don’t have, you need to see yourself as someone worthy of love and good things. When you know your inherent worth and value as a human being, you don’t have to rely on external things to provide you with hope and meaning. Learning to love yourself and being secure in who you are might look like the following:
- Learn how to be happy being single because that’s the first step to being happy in a relationship.
- Find ways out of your fear of rejection and knowing that how other people respond to you is not a reflection of who you are but a reflection of who they are.
- Understand your triggers—what brings up your feelings of inadequacy or what causes you to spiral back into thoughts of hopelessness or to want to give up.
Don’t be afraid to try new things
How can you let good things into your life if you don’t open the door for them or if you don’t venture out into the unknown? Letting love and positive energy into our lives can also mean taking active steps to find these good things and letting them into our hearts. Here are some ideas for how you can potentially meet the love of your life or how you can work to restore your joy:
- If you truly want to meet the potential love of your life before the year ends, consider signing up for a reputable and elite dating service. There are plenty of tried-and-tested agencies that can help match you up with someone compatible with you, one who is also looking for their soulmate. You won’t know if it works until you try.
- If there are wounds in your past that you can’t seem to shake off through your own efforts, it’s time to consider if you need help from a mental health professional. This can include traumatic experiences or parts of your journey that caused you so much pain for a long time. Meeting with a therapist or a counselor can help you unpack these memories. The process may be difficult, but the goal is ultimately worth it. It can help prepare you to be the best you can be for a potential partner in the future.
Get rid of the bad to make room for the good
Directly related to healing is the idea of throwing away the old to make room for the new. How can you start all over again if there is still so much baggage from your past that you’re still carrying to this day? Here are some things you need to let go of to be able to start a new chapter:
- Toxic relationships and friendships that bring out the worst in you. This can include a significant other that tears you down and does not push you to be the best you can be. They can also be friendships that influence you towards terrible beliefs and activities. Make space for new people in your life—ones who truly love you and wish for your highest good.
- Unhealthy habits like smoking, excessive drinking, and other types of substance use. These habits may help make you feel good in the short term, but they will only damage your health in the long run. If you want a positive future filled with joy and hope, a healthy body and mind are crucial.
- Distorted thoughts, like believing that no good thing will come your way because you were hurt in the past. Don’t look at your present and future through a distorted lens; you can hope and believe that the best is yet to come.
The past year and a half may have been hard, but the future can still surprise us. Believe that you are worthy of love and good things, and don’t hesitate to work towards them.